Take pride in preparing for each and every class! Prepared dancers have a positive class experience. All dancers are to arrive to class with proper attire, hair securely pulled back from face, proper footwear, and ready to dance. Feel free to bring water. Please NO BAGGY CLOTHES, so that our classes are as professional as possible, and our instructors can see your body's alignment.
Magical Moves Age 2-3 & Ballet-Tap-Tumble: Lightweight, comfortable clothing that will not inhibit movement activities.
Ballet 6-7, Pre-Ballet I, Ballet I, II, III, IV, V, Pointe: Solid black spaghetti strap leotard (no attached skirt), pink tights. Pointe training begins after instructor recommendation.
Jazz-Hip Hop: Solid colored spaghetti strap leotard, black tights, black shorts or jazz pants, black jazz shoes.
Lyrical, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Tap: Fitted exercise clothing such as jazz pants, yoga pants, exercise leggings, and athletic shorts for bottoms. Athletic tank tops, fitted t-shirts, or leotards for tops.
Adult Ballet: Students may wear comfortable dance clothing of their choice and ballet slippers.
* Please Note: For performances, students will be asked to wear footed tights and a plain leotard (no skirt, sleeves, sparkles or other embellishments) in accordance with the dress code for their class as part of their costume. Please keep this in mind when purchasing leotards for class. Thank you!
For your dance attire needs, check out Kicks Dancewear in Grand Rapids! Support local business! 616.776.5966
- Ballet: Leather or canvas ballet slippers (no fabric or satin slippers), pink for girls and black for boys.
- Tap: Black tap shoes are provided for our Ballet-Tap-Tumble (BTT) students to borrow. *We cannot guarantee that we will have your dancer's exact shoe size. Black tap shoes will not be provided for students in the Wednesday tap classes for students ages 6-11.
- Lyrical/Contemporary: Required footwear varies on the instructor. Advised shoe options include the eclipse canvas lyrical shoe, jazz shoes, barefoot or socks.
- Ballet: secured in a bun
- Contemporary/lyrical, Jazz-Hip Hop, & Tap: clean ponytail